Are you still finding a better way to look after your dog? If that’s the case then you are like me as I always keep looking for the best and I won’t be satisfied until I find the best. But the most difficult question is, which food is really good for them?
Honestly, there are a few things that you need to consider that everyone’s body will react differently so that one medicine might work the best for your friend’s dog but not work the same way for your pet.
You will have to go through a bit error and trial is, of course, needed in order to find the best fit for your dog. Apart from that, there are some brands and ingredients that are superior to others so if you give your companion some types of dog food might be similar to the eating candy all the time.
So, you need to do a lot of research, and then only you might end up getting the best. We would be giving you wide details about everything so that you can get your facts clear and you can shop for them which will suit them the best!
What Is Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food?
If you want to know what is freeze-dried raw and what is it then we will definitely make your doubts clear. The whole thing actually depends on the manufacturing process. During this unique method, some of the ingredients are used such as raw foods. These are essentially dehydrated by putting it through the below steps
- The pressure is limited or you can say lower.
- Raw foods are generally frozen.
- Everything is sealed as dehydrated food.
- There would be no moisture left, everything will be extracted.
If you want to give it to your dog then you can either give it as a treat or else, you can simply put it in a bowl and make it rehydrate. You need to monitor the consistency as some kind of freeze-dried food comes in powdery texture. If you are turning it in rehydration texture then you will have to measure it very well because it might create a porridge type meal and not all dogs will find it palatable.
Hopefully, you have got your facts clear about freeze-dried food and you can now buy one for your furry companion as well. Now, we will move to dehydrated food and what type of food it is. Let’s check out!
What Is Dehydrated Dog Food?
If you are looking for the Best Dehydrated Dog Food, then you will have to know what dehydrated food is, and then only you will be able to find it for your dog. Drahydtraed food doesn’t contain any kind of chemicals or artificial ingredients. The process of creating dehydrated food is followed by a food preservation method that also removes moisturizer from the food using hot as well as dry air. So, you know somehow the goal of dehydrated food and Freeze-dried food is similar but they have different benefits so you can not keep them in the same row.
Difference Between Freeze Dried And Dehydrated:
As we have mentioned both are kind of similar and their goal is also similar. Now, you must be thinking about where exactly they vary. Well, both of them are comprised of raw foods but they had bulk water in them. So, they have gone through a process where the water has got removed.
- Feeze-Dried Foods:
Honestly, the process of these two is very different. The freeze-dried foods are not at all heated at any point in the whole manufacturing process. It generally begins with foods that are already frozen and then they are placed in a huge machine in order to lower the atmospheric pressure all around the food. This is the reason why the water gets sublimated as well as diffused out of the food.
It also means that freeze-dried food has not been cooked at all and you will see a lot of raw food feeders are amazingly appreciated. There would be no such changes noticed in the shape of the food so you can say that most of the ingredients will stay at their own and original shape. You can easily guess the food just by looking at it which is clearly not the case with dehydrated food.
- Dehydrated Foods:
When it comes to dehydrated food, the procedure is totally different. As you will see during the manufacturing process the water is pilled out from the food just by placing the food in a low-heat environment that too for an extended period.
If you have ever tried any kind of drying process at home to make jerkies and dehydrated fruit treats the this is the same process. The easy way of understanding this process would be when you will see the water begins as a liquid and then slowly turns into a gas, and finally, the gas will slowly evaporate from the food.
The heat is very necessary for this process and it will give a new shape to the food that is being processed. We do not yet know if it has any kind of negative impact on your dog’s nutritional value but this is obviously considered as an important distinction.
So, now you are known for the differences and you need to decide which one you would choose for your dog. Although, we have tried them both and they do not have any kind of negative effect on dogs so you can be assured.
Freeze-dried Dog Food Benefits: Do Dogs Love It?
Well, we have already said that these foods contain a good nutritional value and they are not that much processed as well. So, you may want to know the benefits and they do have that as well. Let’s not ado further and discuss the benefits below
- Alternative Of Raw Diet: If you keep giving them a raw diet and finding the best alternative then nothing can be best than this. A lot of freeze-dried feeders have already started giving them.
We all know that raw diets are not only laborious and difficult to prepare but also they are a true headache as well as risk for most of the families. So, we totally understand if you are searching for alternatives. Giving them freeze-dried foods are not only convenient but also safe so, you should definitely switch.
- High-quality ingredients: The ingredients that are used in Freeze-dried foods are really impressive and comprised in a typical way and it includes muscle meat, ground bones, and organs. Some of them also include vegetables and fruits so you will get a choice. They are not at all made with any kind of artificial additives. Hence, the risk factor is literally zero.
- Dogs Love Them: If you are wondering how would your dog react if you change their diet and start giving them something that is completely new for them. Let me assure you that your dog will be drooling over these. They are not only delicious but the taste will woo your pet. So, you can start giving them a healthy treat and see how they fall in love with these.
- Long Shelf Life: The long shelf life is something that you will love. If you do not have any pet shop in your locality then you will have to either order them online or travel a bit to get them. Hence, the long shelf life will allow you to keep these foods as long as you want and in case of any emergency, you will not have to worry at all. So, you should buy these in bulk and store them for a long time.
In case, you see that your dog is producing less waste then you should not worry. Once you will put them on a freeze-dried diet, you will take a bit time to get accustomed, and also they are taking less fiber now so it’s very normal. We would definitely recommend this because of so many reasons and the uttermost reason would be, your dog will love it.
Dehydrated Vs Freeze-Dried
We have already discussed the difference between dehydrated food and freeze-dried food but if you are still confused and you want to know a bit more details then let me make things clear. Let’s chcek out below
- Nutrition: People do believe that freeze-dried foods have more minerals and vitamins when they were fresh and after the manufacturing process, there are less of these. We do know the Vitamin C is known for evaporating rapidly during any kind of preservation process.
Whereas the dehydration process is known for having fiber or iron even after the process but sometimes it might cause a decrease the minerals and vitamins. Some of the things such as riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, as well as vitamin A and C are negatively affected by dehydrating.
- Expense: There are a lot of cost differences between dehydrated food and freeze-dried food. First of all, it will depend on the type, energy costs to run a machine, and where exactly the food is being preserved. If you are going to buy the purchasing commercially preserved foods then you will see that the dehydrated one is the cheapest one.
- Appearance: This is the most obvious difference between them and you should know that as well. A hell lot of people get confused about this only. Dehydrated food will have a squished appearance while the freeze-dried food will look exactly like its original self.
So, you know all of the differences between these two and you can better start thinking which one you should go for. We will suggest to choose it according to your dog’s taste. You will better know what they exactly like and whatnot. Both of them have good nutritional values so you do not have to worry about that!
What Are The Downsides To Freeze-dried Foods?
Well, we can not say that there are everything perfect when it comes to freeze-dried foods because they are too costly to afford always. If you compare them with dry cooked kibble then you will see that every product is quite pricy. Also, they come in small packaging but you should not think that they come in less quantity as well. They might look like a small packaging but when you will put them in a bowl for rehydration they will literally swell to 3 to 5 times.
Hence, you mighty use them as toppings and you can serve them with other affordable foods. It will save a lot of money. And clearly, not everyone can afford that much food because of the cost only.
The 5 Best Freeze-dried Dog Food: Reviews & Ratings
Well, if you are thinking of buying freeze-dried food for your furry companion then we would love to suggest you the best 5 foods that you can go for. Let’s chcek out the list below
- TruDog Freeze-dried Raw Superfood:
This freeze-dried food will provide your dog with maximum nutrition that too from a limited number of ingredients. Most of the dogs love it because of the tasty fat and organ meats. You should also try this for your furry companion. Let’s chcek out the ingredient list
List Of Ingredients:
Ground turkey with bone, turkey heart, turkey liver, herring oil, mixed tocopherols.
Features Of This Food:
- These are made with grass-fed beef, free-range, and raised in Wisconsin.
- These are made in the USA.
- It contains the hypoallergenic formula which is known for providing nutrition to your dog.
- It has no fillers, artificial flavors, grains, and colors.
Let’s quickly chcek out the pros and cons of this food
|These are loved by dogs.||The price is a bit high.|
|This will not create any kind of digestive upset in your dog.||The recipe does not include any kind of vegetables or fruits.|
- Buckley Liberty Freeze-Dried Dog Food:
If you are wondering Where To Buy Freeze-Dried Foods, then you do not have to worry as we will be giving you the buying link. This food is quite affordable and they are full of nutritional values and the ingredient list includes vitamin-rich organ meats along with some colorful vegetables and fruits. Let’s chcek out the ingrediet list below
List Of Ingredients:
Lamb Heart, Lamb Liver, Ground Lamb Bone, Squash, Apples, Carrots, Broccoli, Eggs, Ground Flaxseed, Inulin, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apple Cider Vinegar, Dried Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Salmon Oil, Fish Oil, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Mixed Tocopherols (a preservative).
Featres of This Food:
- It doesn’t contain soy, corn, fillers, or wheat.
- It can be used as a treat or even served as a meal.
- This is made in the USA.
Now, let’s chcek out the pros and cons of this food.
|Dogs love them.||This is a bit pricy.|
|It can be served in both ways like toppers and as main meal.|
- Instinct Freeze-Dried Raw Meals:
This is filled with full of nutritional ingredients and that taste is so great that dogs won’t stop drooling over them. This will provide your dog with minerals, vitamin, and calories so you are eventually giving them everything they need. This is the most affordable one so you should definitely try this once. Let’s check out the ingredient list
List Of Ingredients:
Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Yeast Culture, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Chicken (including Ground Chicken Bone), Chicken Liver, Chicken Heart, Apples, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash, Montmorillonite Clay, Tricalcium Phosphate, Ground Flaxseed, Salmon Oil, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate), DL Methionine, Mixed Tocopherols (for freshness), Blueberries, Spinach, Rosemary Extract.
Features Of This Food:
- It has 85% chicken and orans and the other 15% is filled with vegetables and fruits.
- It has high-protein content.
- All chicken that are used were raised on cage-free farms.
- It is made in USA.
Let’s check out the pros and cons of this product for your better understanding.
|Feeders love giving their pet a meal that is made with such great ingredients.||It is a bit pricy but that is a common problem with every freeze-dried food item.|
|It will provide dogs with a better coat and a good health.|
- Bixbi Rawbble All-Natural Dog Food:
This is the most affordable option on this list as you already know that dried foods are expensive for the processing part. But, this item will woo your mind with its all-natural and nutritional ingredients. Let’s check out the ingredient list below
List Of Ingredients:
Duck, Duck Heart, Duck Liver, Dick Gizzard, Pumpkin, Coconut Oil, Herring Oil, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Liver Extract, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Calcium Lodate, Mixed Tocopherols.
Features Of This Food:
- These are made in small batches to ensure the quality as well as freshness.
- 98% of the recipe is filled with organs and muscle meat and only 2% contains pumpkin, healthy oils, minerals, and vitamins.
Now, let’s quickly check put the pros and cons below
|This can be used as the topper of any food.||Only if you have a large breed dog then you can give it to them as a meal.|
|It will improve your dog’s skin and coat.|
- Orijen Freeze-Dried Adult Dog Food:
Just like the other foods, this one is also great and the taste is loved by dogs. The ingredient list is appreciated by the owners as it includes several anti-oxidant rich fruits, vegetables, and other proteins. Most of the ingredients are meat in this recipe so after giving it to your dog you will feel like this is the Best Tasting Freeze-Dried Dog Foods ever. Let’s find out the ingredient list below
List Of Ingredients
Chicken (ground with bone), turkey (ground with bone), whole herring, chicken liver, chicken heart, whole eggs, spinach greens, pea fiber, turkey liver, turkey heart, whole flounder, ground whole sunflower seeds, whole pumpkin, butternut squash, whole carrots, whole cranberries, whole blackberries, whole blueberries, apples, pears, plums, apricots, brown kelp, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, dandelion root, summer savory, peppermint leaf, ginger root, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate.
Features Of This Food:
- It is made with wheat, corn, soy, and other grans as well as glutens.
- It is quite a protein heavy recipe.
Let’s check out the pros and cons below for your better understanding
|Dogs love this food.||A few puppies might not like it that much.|
|You can use it in both way.|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are Freeze Dried Meals Healthy?
Of course, freeze-dried meals are anytime healthier but you will have to find the right recipe for your pet. They have a lot nutritional benefits and that’s something makes it healthy than regular food.
- Are Freeze-dried Dog Foods Safe?
Since there is no moisture left so what your pet is getting, only the goodness. I hope you are already clear with your doubt. They are not only healthy but safe for all puppies as well.
- Is Freeze-dried Dog Food Better Than Normal Dog Food?
Of course, the nutritional value is anytime high in freeze-dried food so if you are thinking of toppers or a main meal, then you should definitely go for it. Your bonus will be, it has a really long shelf life.
- Are Freeze-dried Dog Foods Raw?
Of course, not. Both of them are not at all similar and you will know the difference if you read this article. Also, freeze-dried foods are processed food so they can not be raw at all.
How To Store Dry Dog Food Long Term?
If you are going for dehydrated food or freeze-dried food then they come with a long shelf life so you do not have to do anything to make them last longer. Since there is no moisture left so there is no chance of getting bad or something.
Hopefully, we have made everything clear to you and you do understand the difference between dehydrated food and freeze-dried food. You need to choose something that will be loved by your dog and we think no body can afford freeze-dried foods as a regular meal for their furry companion.